Scholarship Amounts Range from $2,000 to $10,000
In 2023, the National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA) will continue its prestigious Scholarship Program. This program recognizes African American or other minority students who are currently enrolled full-time at an accredited, traditional four-year college or university, preferably at an HBCU, who show outstanding scholarship, and leadership, particularly as related to public service.
NFBPA provides several scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students through its partnerships with corporate supporters, public sector organizations, and individual contributors.
The Scholarship Program is an integral part of NFBPA’s goal of lending support to African American and other minority students interested in leadership roles in public service. Applicants may apply for multiple scholarships or other NFBPA financial awards. If selected, the applicant can receive only one award.
Application & Selection Schedule
- February 27, 2023 Application Deadline
- March 10, 2023 Selectees Notified
- March 11, 2023 Selectee Acceptance Agreement Due
- March 15, 2023 Selectee Travel Form Due
- April 27 - April 30, 2023 Scholars Recognized During Forum 2023 (Scholar is not required to attend the entire conference)
- September 2023 Scholarship awarded and forwarded to university to be credited to scholar;s student account