It is important to read all information BEFORE completing scholarship applications.
CIGNA Healthcare (undergraduate or graduate) Download scholarship form
CPS-HR/Walter Vaughn Excellence in Human Resources Scholarship Download scholarship form
Jacobs Engineering/ Willie T. Loud Download scholarship form
SAK/Jack Boatman Construction Management Download scholarship application
Springsted/Euly Ford Scholarship Download scholarship form
Application materials must be mailed in one packet including transcripts (in sealed envelopes) and letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes). Incomplete, e-mailed or faxed applications will not be considered. Application packages must be postmarked by the deadline for program consideration.
All Application Packages Must Include
- A typed, completed and signed NFBPA Scholarship Application Form for each scholarship for which you are applying. Resume’ not allowed.
- An OFFICIAL undergraduate transcript(s); must be submitted in sealed envelope
- An OFFICIAL graduate transcript(s) if applicable; graduate students must also submit an OFFICIAL undergraduate transcript(s); must be submitted in sealed envelope
- Two (2) reference letters from university faculty/ instructors; letters must be submitted in sealed envelope
- A photocopy of the applicant’s current semester validated Student ID Card
- A three page typed autobiographical essay, detailing your academic and career goals and objectives.
- Use 8 ½” x 11” white paper
- Triple-space after the title
- Double-space the body of your essay
- Use 1” margins all around
- No extra documents such as pictures and certificates are allowed
- In addition to autobiographical info about you, this essay must:
- specify why you are an outstanding candidate for the scholarship;
- describe your current student status;
- cite other relevant information such as extra-curricula activities, volunteer activities, etc. that can be used in evaluating your application
- A one paragraph biographical sketch, highlighting academic achievement and future goals
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of application submission, including quality and substance of writing, academic record, financial need, leadership ability, participation in school activities, and community service.
Preliminary scholarship selectees will be interviewed by telephone prior to the final selection decision.
Additional Mandatory Requirements If Selected
1. Required travel to NFBPA’s 36th Annual Conference, FORUM 2019 in Orlando, Florida to receive the award. FORUM dates are April 3-7, 2019.
Hotel accommodations for one night and air travel will be arranged and provided by NFBPA.
2. Submission of a professional (jpeg format) photo (full frontal head shot on plain background
3. Proven State issued Identification or Passport
4. Name of airport you will be traveling from
All applications and supporting documents, photos, etc. become the property of the National Forum For Black Public Administrators and cannot be returned.
Additional Scholarship Program Information
Amount Of Awards
$1,500 - $10,000 depending on scholarship
Conditions of Award
- As a condition of award the NFBPA Scholarship Program is designed to recognize students who are currently enrolled full-time at an accredited, traditional four year college or university. Online Degree Completion Programs are not considered.
- Applicants working full-time (35 hours or more per week) are ineligible for consideration.
- Prior NFBPA scholarship recipients are ineligible to apply.
- NFBPA accepts no less than twelve (12) current semester credit hours to be considered a full-time undergraduate student and registration for a minimum of twelve credit hours for Fall 2019.
- NFBPA accepts no less than nine (9) current semester credit hours to be considered a full-time Non-Thesis or Thesis Master’s Degree student and registration for a minimum of nine (9) credit hours for Fall 2019.
- Doctoral candidates must be registered for no less than nine (9) semester credit hours for Fall 2019, including research credits, to be considered a full-time doctoral student.
- Travel: Awardees will be required to travel to FORUM 2019, April 3-7 in Orlando, Florida. Hotel accommodations for one night and air travel will be provided by NFBPA.
- Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for a period of one academic year. Re-awards are not given.
- Disbursements: Scholarship funds are sent to the financial aid offices at the recipient’s college or university. Checks will be issued August 2019 and made payable to the University on behalf of the recipient; monies will not be disbursed prior to that time.
- Transferring a scholarship to another institution is permissible if done so by July 15, 2019. The recipient must notify NFBPA of the intent to transfer, provide evidence of good academic standing, and submit proof of admission to the institution to be entered.
- Notification: Due to the volume of applications received, NFBPA will only notify applicants who are selected to receive a scholarship. Winners of the scholarships will be notified February 2019. Names of winners will be posted on the NFBPA web site www.nfbpa.org, Fall 2019.
The NFBPA 2019 Scholarship Application Deadline is
February 8, 2019
Application package should be sent to
777 N. Capitol Street, NE, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20002
Questions: Contact Marcia L. Conner, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202 408 9300 ext. 114